Friday, January 7, 2011

Never judge a book by it's cover

One of my dear friends (who also happens to be named Nicole) asked that I photograph her daughter and her sister together as a Christmas present. For Nicole, I will photograph anything. Not just because she is super awesome or because I feel sorry for her about-to-burst-with-child belly. But because she has been incredibly supportive in my new photography career. And for that, I am truly grateful.

Nicole's sister, Angela, had been up to visit for the past month, helping prepare baby Kingston's room. Angela is uber talented, hailing from FIDM where she is now an instructor. She also is the creative director at Rolling Greens Nursery in Hollywood (click here to visit their website), where she brings her dog, Sophie, to work each day.

Now if you follow my photography Facebook page, you may have noticed that I am a fan scruffy dogs and dogs with underbites. Much to my pleasant surprise, Sophie is a scruffy, prognathic little girl. She was rescued as a puppy, the offspring of a Jack Russell Terrier and a Shih Tzu. That's right, she is a new designer breed known as a Jack Shit (I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't). Whatever you may call her, Sophie is nothing short of fabulous!

Here is a look at our festivities New Year's Eve day:

Shy little Sophie, sitting in momma's lap


Am I right? She's cute, huh?

And those little underbitten teeth? Help me Rhonda!

Miss Kezia, experiencing a little static cling

And having an "I love mommy" moment.

Kezia and her Auntie Angela

Is it wrong for me to be envious of this family's good looks?

My favorite.

And just as we were finishing these photos, we turn around to find the quiet and shy city dog:

Sophie, running amok in the country. With her sweater on (I love a girl who is prepared).

So we had an idea... would the city girl return to her wild roots and chase a stick?

Looks like the terrier half may be taking over...

Do you see the stick?

How about now?

When I first met Sophie, I never would have thought she was the type of dog who would chase sticks and then chew on them until she was spitting out moss and splinters. Just goes to show, never judge a book by it's cover. Unless the cover has scruffy hair and an underbite. In which case I always know that it is fabulous, inside and out.


2 comments:

  1. You should see Pepes under bite. His bottom teeth dont stay hidden at any point in his day. That fool is constantly smiling. The vet who neutered him laughed because of his bite, while Pepe was trying to bite the RVT's through the muzzle I placed prior to getting out of the car.
    Elyse Fulton

    ReplyDelete