Sunday, June 27, 2010

My First Week

Last week was my first week as an official photographer... woo hoo! My website finally launched, so I feel that I can now legitimately call myself a photographer. Even though I am not doing anything different than before my site debuted on the world wide web.

My first week was a busy one, with three sessions scheduled. Each one very different and all incredibly special. The first session was with a great family:


The second with an adorable 9 month old girl and her mommy:


And the third, a beautiful memorial ceremony that celebrated the life of a wonderful woman:


I feel so fortunate to have found a photography. To be able to capture moments, emotions, life. Because a photograph is timeless and has the power to transcend generations. As time passes by, and it passes all too quickly, it is easy to forget the details that we love so much. A photograph can preserve those details and those moments... forever.

I encourage you to pick up your camera and capture images of the things that you love. Don't wait for the perfect occasion, or until you lose those few extra pounds, or whatever excuse you have been using to avoid the camera. Take a picture... you will be so glad that you did!

1 comment: