Friday, March 18, 2011

My girls

It may come as no surprise that I think my girls are adorable. There are times when I look at them and wonder how in the world Gary and I made such cute babies... am I the only mom who does this?

Spring is reluctant to be sprung, but that hasn't stopped me from thinking about some fun shoots with my girls. I have been planning a trip down to visit my parents who live in Bakersfield. While most people don't exactly consider Bakersfield a picturesque locale, it is quite lovely this time of year. Mostly because of the thousands of almond orchards that are in bloom - delicate pink blossoms as far as the eye can see. Despite rescheduling our trip (why do little kids seem to always get sick at the wrong time? as if there ever is a right time...) we were able to catch the tail-end of the bloom.

My dad scouted out the best orchards for days before our photo shoot and my mom was on hand to corral the kids as needed. After all these years, my parents are still supporting me and my dreams...

On our way out of town, the girls and I stopped at the Silver Spoon and picked up the most gorgeous frocks made by Room Seven. If you happen to be in Roseville, you should stop by as they have some of the cutest kid things ever!

Here are some of my favorite shots from that afternoon:

They are so cute together... especially when they are not fighting

Chloe looking fierce

Sister is pretty fierce, too!
Not looking forward to the teenage years.
Um, I think I am in trouble



I nearly died when I saw the back of this dress...
So. Stinkin'. Cute.

These boots were made for walkin'


California snow

My girls

No comments:

Post a Comment